The 2014 Willis E. Lamb Award for Laser Science and Quantum Optics
To be awarded January 8, 2014, at the
44th Winter Colloquium on the
Physics of Quantum Electronics.
- Pierre Meystre, University of Arizona (bio)
- For pioneering work on many-body quantum optics from
the free-electron laser to quantum gases.
- Shi-Yao Zhu, Beijing Computational Science Research Center (bio)
- For pioneering work ranging from lasing without
inversion to quenched spontaneous emission.
- M. Suhail Zubairy, Texas A&M University (bio)
- For pioneering work ranging from noise-free
amplification to super Rayleigh resolution.
||M. Suhail Zubairy
Zubairy photo by Timothy St. Martin, Texas A&M University, 2013.
All rights reserved.
Zhu photo provided by Prof. Zhu, 2013. Used with permission.
Meystre photo by Jeff Smith, 2013, All rights reserved.
- Photos from the presentation
of the award.
Return to Lamb Award Main Page