The 2011 Willis E. Lamb Award for Laser Science and Quantum Optics
Awarded January 5, 2011, at the
41st Winter Colloquium on the
Physics of Quantum Electronics.
- Ron Folman, Ben-Gurion University (bio)
- For pioneering contributions to the development of the
atom chip and for the application of material science to
- Randall G. Hulet, Rice University (bio)
- For pioneering studies of ultra cold Bose and Fermi systems
and their application to the understanding of fundamental
- Mark A. Kasevich, Stanford University
- For pioneering contributions to the study of atom optics and
interferometry, and its application to quantum metrology.
||Randall G. Hulet
||Mark A. Kasevich
Kasevich photo copyright © ETH Zürich/Heidi Hostettler.
All rights reserved. Used with permission.
Return to Lamb Award Main Page