The 2006 Willis E. Lamb Award for Laser Science and Quantum Optics
Announced September 21, 2005. Awarded January 5, 2006, at the
36th Winter Colloquium on the
of Quantum Electronics.
- Raymond Y. Chiao, University of California at Berkeley (bio)
- For contributions to our understanding of time in
quantum mechanics in connection with the quantum eraser
and ultra-fast light.
- Roy J. Glauber, Harvard University (bio)
- For contributions to our understanding of the foundations
of quantum coherence theory.
- Manfred Kleber, Technische Universität München (bio)
- For contributions to our understanding of tunneling
time and quantum interference in the presence of
|Raymond Y. Chiao
||Roy J. Glauber
- Photos from the presentation
of the award.
Return to Lamb Award Main Page