The 2005 Willis E. Lamb Award for Laser Science and Quantum Optics
Awarded January 5, 2005, at the
35th Winter Colloquium on the
of Quantum Electronics.
- Gérard Mourou, University of Michigan and LOA ENSTA/ Ecole Polytechnique France (bio)
- For outstanding contributions to laser science,
especially the development of short-pulse high-power
- Szymon Suckewer, Princeton University (bio)
- For outstanding contributions to laser science
especially the development of the X-ray laser.
- Sune Svanberg, University of Lund, Sweden (bio)
- For outstanding contributions to medical physics,
especially laser medical diagnostics and treatment.
- Photos from the presentation
of the award.
Return to Lamb Award Main Page