The 1999 Willis E. Lamb Award for Laser Science and Quantum Optics
Awarded January, 1999, at the 29th Winter Colloquium
on the Physics
of Quantum Electronics.
- Melvin Lax, City College of New York
- For his fundamental work on the quantum theory of
- Lorenzo Narducci, Drexel University
- For his contributions to the field of quantum
fluctuations and quantum noise, particularly the
quantum regression theorem applied to problems in
modern quantum optics.
- Herbert Walther, Max-Planck-Institut für Quantenoptik
- For his work on single-atom masers.
Lax photo copyright © 2002 Lucent Technologies.
All rights reserved. Used with permission.
Return to Lamb Award Main Page